NHL Players from playoff teams have been separated into 8 groups. Groups have been determined based on the final seeding of the NHL standings. Four groups will consist of teams from the Eastern Conference and four will consists of teams from the Western Conference. Each NHL playoff team will have 6 player representatives. The groupings will see teams going head to head resembling the first round of the NHL Stanley cup playoffs. (1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5). Forwards and Defensemen will be placed in the same groupings. No Goalies will be represented in this pool. Your job is to pick 4 players from each group. Each player may only be picked once.
In an attempt to open up the fields, the two wildcard selections allow you to pick two additional players, defensemen or forwards, to your roster. Players who appear in the groupings and players who do not appear in the groupings may be taken as a wildcard selection. Any NHL player may be selected, however a player may not be selected twice.
Points will be awarded for the following:
- Each Goal or Assist an NHL player earns during the 2014 NHL playoff season = 1 point.
- 5 bonus points are also up for grabs to anyone who correctly picks the eventual Stanley Cup winner.
The contestant who accumulated the most points will be declared the winner. Cash Rewards are awarded to first, second and possibly third place depends on the total pot size.
In the event of a tie at the conclusion of the Stanley Cup PLayoffs, the following order will be used to break the tie:
- 1st Tiebreaker: While completing the Team Selection form, each Contestant will submit who they believe will be the eventual 2014 Stanley Cup winner. In addition to a 5 point bonus, correctly predicting the Stanley Cup winner will be the first tiebreaker.
- 2nd Tiebreaker: The contestant who selected the most players from the two Stanley Cup finalists. For example last year the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks were the Stanley Cup finalists. A contestant who picked 6 finalist players would be ranked higher from a contestant who had 5 finalist players.
- 3rd Tiebreaker: The contestant who selected the most players from the eventual Stanley Cup winner. For example last year the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. A contestant who picked 3 Blackhawks would be ranked higher from a contestant who had 2 Blackhawks.
This is the third and final tie breaker.
In the event that all three tiebreakers did not declare are winner, the pot will be split based on where the tie occurred.
- If there is a tie for 1st, the winnings for 1st & 2nd place will be added together and divided equally between the two winners. 3rd place will win the 3rd place pot.
- If there is a 3 of more tie for first, the winnings for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd will be divided equally between the winners
- If there is a tie for 2nd, the winnings for 2nd & 3rd place will be added together and divided equally between the winners.
- If there is a tie for 3rd place, the 3rd place pot will be split.
Deadline to submit your team picks is at 6:00pm, one hour prior to the opening game faceoff on Wednesday, April 16th.
Back to top